When these veggies do start growing in my garden this summer, this salad will be all the better. Plan your garden now and I assure you you'll be having it often, too.
- 8 cups loosely packed mixed baby greens
- 3 small tomatoes
- 1/2 English cucumber, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 large avocado
- 2 ears of corn, husked, or one small can of sweet corn
- 3 teaspoons of lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili-garlic sauce
- 1 teaspoon sweet chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound shrimp
1. In a medium bowl, combine 3 teaspoons of lime juice, 1/2 teaspoon of cumin, one teaspoon of chili-garlic sauce, one teaspoon of sweet chili sauce, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Add shrimp and toss to coat. Heat two tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet over high heat until hot. Add shrimp and sauté until cooked through, about 3 minutes. Pour back into medium bowl and let cool.
2. Boil two 2 ears of husked corn for 5 minutes. Drain and cool. Cut kernels off cobs and add to bowl. A small can of sweet corn will also do.
8.Whisk remaining olive oil, two teaspoons of soy sauce, one teaspoon of sesame oil, and the juices left from the cooked shrimp into a small bowl. (Shrimp mixture and dressing can be made several hours ahead. Cover separately and refrigerate.)
9. Add shrimp to salad with dressing and toss to coat.