Sunday, February 19, 2012

Peanut Sauce for Spring Rolls


I made spring rolls for the first time recently and they turned out soooo good.  Of course the actual assembling of them was a challenge I conquered.  I'm starting with the dipping sauce here because I'm going to have to recreate the photos for the spring rolls.  There was no way I could take photos at the same time as you only have about a minute to get your spring roll rolled up.  Here is the sauce that accompanies them.  You can find my spring roll recipe here.



Ingredients:
 
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 tablespoons grated ginger
4 T water
1 clove of garlic
1 t rice vinegar
juice of 1 lemon
1 t sweet chili sauce (optional)
1 t soy sauce
3 tablespoons honey
1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
chopped cilantro to garnish

1.  Combine all ingredients except the cilantro in a blender and puree until smooth.
2.  Add more water a little at a time to reach desired consistency.
3.  Serve at room temperature or warm on stovetop
4.  Garnish with cilantro


Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful post! We are linking to this particularly great post on our website

    ReplyDelete