Thursday, March 1, 2012

Five Minute Nachos

Need a quick five minute lunch?  Here's today's lunch, quickly prepared before the wake up of my five month old for her lunch.  Of course, she won out and got hers first.


First, lay some chips out on a plate.  Unfortunately for me, living in Quebec means a monopolized choice of Tostito's.  Grate some cheese directly on top.  I used a two-year white cheddar for a sharp bite.


Slice up some onions and add them on top of the cheese.  That way they'll cook just a little.


Half some cherry tomatoes and dice up some avocado.  I dice the avocado directly in the skin and slide my finger between the meat and skin to release the pieces.


Chop up some fresh cilantro.


Put your chips in the microwave for about a minute.  Toss on the veggies.  Add a couple of dollops of sour cream and you're done.  I left off the salsa this time and I'm glad.  You can actually taste all the flavors instead of the sauce drowning them out.


No comments:

Post a Comment