Friday, February 17, 2012

Feta, Pear, and Candied Pecan Salad


I've given out this recipe many a times and I'm glad it's finally in a place for everyone.  This is one of my all time favorite salads and goes with my balsamic vinaigrette dressing.  In the photo I use chives, but I much prefer it with sliced red onions.  For the pecans I toast them in butter in a skillet on medium heat and toss for the last few minutes with a few teaspoons of brown sugar. 


Serves four as a main meal.

Ingredients:
2 heads of romaine lettuce
2 pears thinly sliced
1/2 sliced red onion
3/4 cup chopped candied pecans
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1 cup crumbled feta

Throw it all in a bowl.


Drizzle on balsamic vinaigrette.  Start with less.  You can always add more.  Toss.  Add some fresh pepper, and enjoy!


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment